July 19th-21st, 2024
The 2024 Annual Club Meeting is returning to Durbin, WV. We will meet at Dusty’s Dandy, a club member’s property, in Durbin, WV for two nights and three days of fun, fellowship, running, and club related meeting/s. Durbin, WV, located at the joining of the East and West Forks of the Greenbrier River, near the southern edge of the Monongahela National Forest and is home to the Durbin Rocket train and Greenbrier River Trail.
The group run on Saturday is located at the Mower Basin Trials in the Monongahela National Forest off Rt 250 / 92 on top of Cheat Mountain. Directions are shown below.
This is a WVMTR Club Event that has no registration fee, but participants must register on RunSignUp so there is an e-signed waiver and emergency information available. Members and non-members are welcome!
Joining WVMTR is not necessary to participate in this event, but we encourage you to support our events by becoming members. Yearly membership is only $10 and allows us to offer these wonderful free club events. Become a member today at RunSignUp or visit our membership page to learn more!
More detailed directions to the cabin in Durbin will be sent to those registered for the event.
The group run begins at Mower Basin Trailhead in the Monongahela National Forest.
Friday: Evening arrival and set-up camping. Dinner at 7:00 pm.
Saturday: The day begins by doing what we do best, with a trail run! Guided runs of various distances are planned. Pot-luck Lunch after the run, followed by our General Membership Meeting. The past year’s races, events, and stats are discussed. It is at this meeting where financial reports, RD race reports, and club suggestions are presented. The day concludes with a large dinner.
* 8:00 am: Arrive at Mower Basin Trailhead and mingle.
* 9:00 am: Doing what a running club does best! Guided runs of various distances are planned at Mower Basin Trails.
* 12:00 pm: Return to Durbin Cabin for a post run potluck lunch. Please bring drinks to supplement.
* 1:00 pm: General Membership Meeting. This meeting offers club members an opportunity to give input and direction to WVMTR and to gain insight into current positions and future goals.
* 2:30 pm: Board of Directors Meeting.
* 4:30 pm: Camp fire and evening relaxing.
* 6:00 pm: Dinner provided by WVMTR.
Sunday: Pack up and head home about 11:00 am.
Dusty’s Dandy has 2 bedrooms with 7 beds (bunkbeds), a screened in sleeping porch, plenty of yard space for about 6 tents, and forest access for more tents/hammocks.
Friday: WVMTR will supply dinner.
Saturday: WVMTR will supply light breakfast items and good coffee. Lunch is potluck style, so please bring something to share. Dinner will be supplied by WVMTR (most likely hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.).
Sunday: WVMTR will supply light breakfast items and good coffee.